The Association’s Purpose and Objects are aimed at supporting the personal and professional development of its members and the NHS procurement profession. The Association delivers these by:
- Providing members with access to national and regional networks of procurement professionals
- Delivering conferences, training events and seminars
- Organising and sponsoring awards to recognise educational and professional achievement
- Working with the Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply, Procurement Skills Development Network and other professional bodies
- Maintaining strong links with suppliers and relevant industry bodies
- Delivering its annual PDP aimed at the development of emerging procurement talent
- Providing a platform to contribute as a single voice regarding policies & professional issues
In addition to the above, members of the Association have access to a number of other benefits which include:
- Website providing access to members only information
- Online research and questionnaires allowing sharing of best practice
- Single professional voice to supplier and contactor marketplace
- Online discussion forum
- Regular e-newsletter
- Access to the Association’s training and development study days
- Copy of the Association’s Procurement Guide
- Preferential rates for Association events
- Online help and advice service
- Upcoming and key events diary
- Daily updated health news desk and updated health reports (via website)
- Access to membership of Special Interest Groups (SIGs) aligned to members’ needs
- Organised social events
Please note that the benefits package may vary for corporate members
To become a member please click here.
The HCSA promotes the work of procurement and supply chain staff at all levels in healthcare. The Association provides training events and educational seminars, annual awards and hosts a high-profile exhibition/ conference.
The governance of the Association is overseen by a Board of Trustees elected by members.
The administration of the Association is led by a Chief Officer and an Executive Committee.
A National Stakeholder Group consisting of Regional and National procurement professionals meets twice yearly ensuring the HCSA remains close to the views of its members. Membership is open to all procurement and supply professionals within the healthcare sector in the UK. Please note: membership is currently not open to providers of products and services to the healthcare industry but they are welcome to attend many HCSA Events and consider Corporate Sponsor status.
The Health Care Supply Association is affiliated with the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (CIPS). HCSA a registered charity in the UK, is entirely self-financed through a combination of income from conferences, seminars, other training events and advertising.
Click to download 161114_HCSA_CIO_Constitution_November_2016.pdf