29th April 2020
The latest features, improvements & all things PPE
Well, it’s been an amazing 48 hours.
We’re about to double the number of organisations using the service this week, as more regions come on board and we welcome Charities and GP Practices in some regions.
Following hot on the heels of the new input form launched at the weekend, we’ve launched NSDR tracking!
A much-requested feature, and building on the input form launched at the weekend, we’ve launched two more features in NSDR reference tracking and a handy ‘eaches’ calculator – both available in your new input form.
The calculator (featuring on each stock line) allows you to enter the number of boxes and the quantity in each box, thus giving you the number of ‘eaches’. We know you’re incredibly busy so we’ve created this to ease the mental arithmetic in counting stock. We strongly recommend you join a training session (below) if you’d like to see the latest changes.
We’ve also created a brief survey to get your thoughts and feedback on StocklWatch. I promise it will take no longer than 30 seconds – just 4 questions! Thank you in advance for taking the time.
We’ve also been informed that some users are struggling with Internet Explorer. Unfortunately, the more secure ways of doing things only work in modern browsers, so if you’re struggling, please use Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge or Safari (for any apple users). Both our Input form and Analytics work well on mobile and tablets too. If you experience any issues, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Finally, we’ve been made aware of some noise re: data security. We can assure you your data is secure. We’ve spent the last 6 years managing hundreds of millions of rows of commercially sensitive pricing data as part of Lord Carter’s Product Price Benchmarking System. A system that we developed and delivered across most provider NHS trusts in the UK and contained £60bn of pricing data. We can assure you that a few thousand rows of stock and issue information safe in our hands – see our update on 25/04 for more reassurances.
Building on our brand-new/secure web-form, we’ve launched even more new features since the weekend.
Latest changes include:
- Track NSDR tickets in StockWatch. Allowing both local and regional visibility of ticket status. Also, add comments to help provide context. Note: this is a simple tracker and is not linked to the NSDR system. It was a heavily requested feature so regions can keep an eye on tickets and their status.
- New ‘eaches’ calculator – when entering stock allows you to count boxes, then enter the quantity and pack size to derive ‘eaches’.
- Due later today, burn rate and days of stock left will feature in the StockWatch Analytics along with NSDR reference, comments and status.
- In the ‘data’ screen, the table at the top has been extended from 36 to 72 hours. This allows regions to see Friday submissions on Monday mornings if stock takes don’t take place.
If you have any suggestions/ideas/questions, please email email@example.com.
In the News
- UK failed to stockpile crucial PPE
- Government to publish daily Care Home deaths
- PPE focus of PM’s return to work
- China takes control of mask manufacture after shoddy products
- Overwhelming angst over delays to eBay PPE site
Our system is changing daily, so we’ve not created a user guide just yet. Instead, we’re running live training sessions for 30 minutes every couple of days and there’s a training video at the top of our input form on what to look out for.
Training will take place at 11 am on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays for the foreseeable.
We’re also running a weekly drop-in forum called StockTalk. All PPE StockWatch customers can drop-in talk PPE, share what we’re hearing on the grapevine, share some good practice and allow a safe place for organisations to discuss the challenges faced and support mutual aid.
This will take place at 10 am each Tuesday morning.
We’re also continually updating our support desk soon with FAQs and more guidance.
Our mailing address is:
20-22 Wenlock Road
London, N1 7GU