1. How CCS is getting ready for GDPR – and what you need to do
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) enforcement date is 25 May. This is also when the current Data Protection Act 1998 will be replaced by a new Data Protection Act 2018 – and there are actions we all need to take before this date.
2. Phase 1 of a new CCS website is now live
We are working hard to develop a new website that will be easier for you to use and find the information that is important to you, and have just launched the first phase of our brand new website at https://www.crowncommercial.gov.uk.
The new site features:
- up to date look and feel based on research among public sector buyers and compatible with GOV.UK design patterns for ease of use and accessibility
- support articles to help new or less experienced buyers navigate the variety of CCS platforms and routes to market. These also showcase the breadth of CCS’s capability to seasoned buyers without hindering their familiar buying journeys
- dedicated pages for suppliers with help and useful support and useful content
- a new look procurement pipeline that brings all stages of the process into a single, intuitive, interactive format
- news hub featuring the latest news, blogs and case studies from CCS
However, over the coming months we’ll be migrating functionality and content iteratively from our existing web properties to the new domain.
Your response to this first phase release will help us shape how we develop crowncommercial.gov.uk in the future. And, of course, we’ll keep you updated with our progress at each stage.
Please take a look around and if you have any feedback, please contact us.
3. Supplier assurance
We aim to be the ‘go to’ provider for the procurement of common goods and services across the public sector. To achieve this we deliver high quality commercial agreements, containing suppliers who have the capabilities and skills to provide your requirements and who we are confident to promote.
In order to give us that confidence in our suppliers, we undertake a number of supplier assurance activities, and have recently reviewed our activities to ensure that we are doing the right things, at the right time.
We want to provide you with clarity on our activities so you can:
- understand what supplier assurances we will undertake
- determine what assurances you, as customers, may need to undertake for any call-offs.