We’d like to invite you to the next virtual talk being held by our Skills Academy entitled Cyber Skills for Commercial Professionals. The session will be held jointly on 25th February between the National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC) and Crown Commercial Service (CCS) and will focus on the following subjects:
- Why procurement is important to cyber security (NCSC):
- Risk posed by vendors
- Ensuring effective contractual mechanisms are in place
- Implementing standards (Cloud Principles/ Secure by Design etc.)
- Choosing appropriate cyber security vendors (NCSC Assurance Scheme)
- Tools and best practice (CCS)
- Public Sector Contract (Security Schedule)
- Including standards in your procurement
- Cyber Security Services 3 DPS
- Multiple vendor call-offs
Given the increasing threat posed by cyber security it will be a great opportunity to understand the role you can play. As this is an important topic that affects us all we’ve opened registration to all UK regions.
Please register HERE if you would like to join our session at 10:00 – 11:00 Wednesday 25th February.
As always, please don’t hesitate to contact us if you need any help, want to get involved in supporting the academy, or have any feedback.
Also, please remember to record your attendance as part of your Continuous Development Plan.
We hope to see you at our session.