2-3 July 2019 Manchester Central
The Patient Safety Congress will return to Manchester on 2-3 July 2019.
|REGISTER YOUR INTEREST|
Like you, we do not shy away from the tough questions needed to continue pushing forward on safety and quality. Neither do our 2019 speakers, carefully curated to help you face your challenges:
- Prof Trish Greenhalgh and Prof Rick Iedema will take us through their startling findings about communication during safety-critical moments
- Jan Maarten van den Berg from the Dutch Health & Youth Care Inspectorate will describe the patient safety journey in the Netherlands over the last 15 years
- Nippin Anand will discuss approaches to safety in the maritime, oil and gas industries
- Dr Mike Farquhar will deliver the James Reason Lecture on how fatigue and rest for NHS staff is vital to protecting patients
- Surgeon David Sellu, who was wrongly convicted of gross negligence manslaughter, will describe his experiences as part of a panel exploring how to achieve a just culture
- Dr Clare Holt, a former air traffic controller, will speak on just culture principles and her own experiences of being involved in an incident
- Dr Chris Turner, who raised the alarm at Mid Staffs, will explore why civility in teams is a key safety measure
Last chance to get the early bird price! Book before Wednesday 6 March to get the best price for your place. Head over to the booking page or contact Syed Ali on +44 (0)20 7608 9072 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to seeing you in Manchester this July.
Patient Safety Correspondent HSJ and Congress Chair