The Company:Internal site
NHS Shared Business Services is a unique partnership between Sopra Steria and the Department of Health. We provide crucial corporate back office services to NHS organisations.
We are market leaders in corporate service delivery with around 40% of the NHS using one or more of our products. With unrivalled knowledge and experience, we provide high-quality, value-for-money finance, procurement and employment services to the NHS, helping them overcome any challenges they face in the back office.
We work closely with NHS organisations all over the country to replace outdated, time-consuming and error-prone paper processes, with affordable digital systems and more efficient ways of working, and in addition to our core services, we are designing and developing innovative digital technologies and piloting brand new ways of working, which further improve efficiency and quality, and better support the NHS workforce to deliver world-class patient care.
We are passionate about using our expertise to save the NHS time and money and are more relevant today than ever before.
The Day Job:
Are you an experienced Category Manager looking for that next step and joining a growing team?
Would you like to join an organisation focused on making a difference to everyone touched by the healthcare system?
We’re seeking 5 procurement category professionals to join a growing team as Category Managers, supporting a number of upcoming and exciting projects within the Digital and IT team.
You’ll lead a delegated category portfolio to implement strategic sourcing and strong stakeholder management, lower costs to deliver savings targets, and strengthen existing relationships with key suppliers. You’ll enjoy a challenge developing specific strategic sourcing programmes/strategies across our client base and will lead the delivery of a number of projects within key markets.
With your track record, skills and determination, you’ll deliver a highly professional and responsive client service approach and act as the main point of contact. We’ll promise you a rewarding experience giving you the opportunity to grow and hone your skills and make a difference to everyone touched by the healthcare system.
- Develops, implements, monitors, and reviews procurement strategies for allocated sub-categories through detailed demand/market analysis, ensuring continual improvement and innovation in service delivery.
- Delivers a portfolio of projects as agreed with NHS SBS client stakeholders, meeting expectations and timelines.
- Maximises contract compliance and undertakes procurement activities in accordance with PCR2015 legislation/commercial/contract law/Standing Financial
- Instructions plus environmental and sustainability requirements.
- Consistently meets best value for money through effective sourcing of goods and services.
- Monitors procurement performance across the relevant economies for the category area.
- Reviews, negotiates, re-negotiates and draft contracts for cost optimisation and deliver savings targets.
- Undertakes benefits tracking to monitor levels of procurement achieved with in client base.
- Takes the lead across a complex high value project portfolio as directed, building knowledge and expertise to become a subject matter expert.
- Implements change and improvements and supports and enables staff to deliver, enhance expertise and build procurement capability.
- Maintains awareness of the national healthcare system and specifically public sector Digital & IT marketplace developments.
- Offers reliable expert advice on commercial and contractual issues from initial scoping through to contract award and contract management
You will need to have:
- Demonstrable category management experience in either digital / IT or digital healthcare.
- Significant experience in supplier and partner management.
- Established negotiation and influencing skills.
It would be great if you had:
- Experience and/or knowledge of working with the NHS, other public sector or operating in a regulated environment
- Knowledge of UK Public Contract regulations
If you are interested in this role but not sure if your skills and experience are exactly what we’re looking for, please do apply, we’d love to hear from you!
Full Time Permanent
Location: Commuting distance of Manchester for when required for meetings
Internal Recruiter: Katie Dawes
Salary: up to £40,000 per annum
Benefits: 25 days annual leave with the option to buy additional days, life assurance, pension, and generous flexible benefits fund
Although this role is advertised as full-time, we support different ways of working and can offer a range of flexible working arrangements. So, if you’re interested and need to work flexibly, we encourage you to apply and talk to us about what might be possible.