Job Title: Inventory Control Co-Ordinator
Type: Fixed term
Salary: £25,655 – £31,534
Start Date: (TBD)
Wessex NHS Procurement Ltd is a wholly owned subsidiary of University Hospital Southampton NHS Foundation Trust and Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust. The company provides end to end Procurement and Supply Chain services to hospitals in Basingstoke, Winchester and Southampton
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a 12-month fixed term Inventory Control Co-Ordinator to join our hard working and friendly team within the Supply Chain Department at University Hospital Southampton NHS Foundation Trust, based at Southampton General Hospital.
About the team:
The Inventory Control Team are part of the wider WPL Procurement & Supply Chain function. The team are responsible for the operation and administration of Omnicell, the Trust’s Inventory Management System (IMS). This role will be contributing to the successful delivery of the Trust’s inventory and materials management project work.
Working 37.5 hours per week, Monday – Friday 8:00 – 16:30 based at Southampton General Hospital.
Attached you will find the person specification document which provides more detail about the essential and desirable skills and experience needed for this role. We highly recommend you review this document and use it when completing your application as these criteria are used by hiring managers as guidance during shortlisting.
For an overview of the main duties of the role please see the ‘Job Description and Main Responsibilities’ section below. To understand the day-to-day responsibilities in more detail please read the full job description document attached.
working for UHS:
As one of the largest acute teaching Trusts in England, we offer learning and development opportunities to help you achieve the career you aspire to. UHS is rated ‘Good’ by the CQC and in the latest national NHS Staff Survey, we were in the top 10 acute trusts for staff engagement and for staff recommending the hospital as a place to work or receive care.
All non-clinical roles may involve a mixture of on site and remote working, Specific details and flexible working options can be discussed as part of the interview process. UHS employees are able to access a range of NHS discounts, are entitled to a minimum of 35 days paid holiday (pro rata), and we offer a generous pension scheme.
Southampton is an attractive place to live and work situated on the south coast, with an international airport and direct trains to London. The New Forest National Park and beaches of the Jurassic coast are also right on our doorstep. The city offers living costs 20% lower than London and 14 schools rated outstanding by Ofsted.
What you’ll do:
- Manage administration of the Inventory Management System (Omnicell) including control of the system database of users, products, reorder levels and other attributes.
- Produce and analyse cost and performance reports showing usage, purchases, inventory etc. and present results to clinical leads, finance department and private patient teams.
- Working in partnership with all stakeholders both internal and external to the Trust to manage the Inventory Management System, ensuring compliance with associated policies and procedures to drive effective and optimal inventory control across the Trust.
- Proactively lead the rollout of the Inventory management system project and ongoing development of the Inventory Management system, Policies and SOP’s.
- Working with Materials Management, assist with stock management of high cost devices, consignment stock, stock expiry date management etc
This is a busy and interesting department to work in. The roll involves a mix of duties from day to day system administration to physical planning and configuration of the inventory system. You will meet a different challenge every day and the successful candidate will be an integral part of the team providing in providing supply chain services to the Trust.
What we’re looking for:
To succeed in this post you must have excellent communication and time management skills, attention to detail, a good team working ethic, excellent IT skills and a working knowledge of computer software packages including Excel and databases. Experience of Materials Management stock control, stock replenishment and Inventory Management Systems.
- Enthusiastic – Passion to drive results and provide great service
- Keen and patience to learn our systems and operational activity
- Excellent organisational skills, including ability to prioritise workload.
- Excellent Customer Care skills
- Ability to use initiative.
For further details / informal visits contact:
Name Natalie Middleton Job title Head of Supply Email address Natalie.email@example.com Telephone number 02381 204798
TO APPLY FOR THIS JOB FOLLOW THIS LINK