NHS Shared Business Services is a unique partnership between Sopra Steria and the Department of Health. We provide crucial corporate back office services to NHS organisations.
We are market leaders in corporate service delivery with around 40% of the NHS using one or more of our products. With unrivalled knowledge and experience, we provide high-quality, value-for-money finance, procurement and employment services to the NHS, helping them overcome any challenges they face in the back office.
We work closely with NHS organisations all over the country to replace outdated, time-consuming and error-prone paper processes, with affordable digital systems and more efficient ways of working, and in addition to our core services, we are designing and developing innovative digital technologies and piloting brand new ways of working, which further improve efficiency and quality, and better support the NHS workforce to deliver world-class patient care.
We are passionate about using our expertise to save the NHS time and money and are more relevant today than ever before.
The Day Job:
Are you an experienced Principal Category Manager looking for that next step and joining a growing team?
Would you like to join an organisation focused on making a difference to everyone touched by the healthcare system?
We are seeking 2 procurement category professionals to join us as a Principal Category Managers. These roles will be within the Digital and IT category to head up our digital healthcare and digital workforce teams.
Our corporate Procurement services encompass framework agreements, consultancy and a complete procurement function, all delivered by skilled teams through efficient and effective technology platforms. Leading a team, you will take responsibility for a delegated category with a portfolio of sourcing categories. You’ll enjoy a challenge, developing specific strategic sourcing programmes/strategies across our client base and will lead the delivery of a number of projects within key markets.
As a multi-award winning organisation, we’re passionate about efficient procurement and the benefits it brings. Combining NHS knowledge and experience with commercial know-how, we work with organisations to maximise their purchasing power to provide value-for-money procurement and ultimately; improved patient care.
- Category Management, developing collaborative relationship management plans, comprehensive data gathering, performance management, leading key areas of development
- Day to day management of direct reports, including recruitment, training, development, performance management and records.
- Actively managing the marketplace through development of key strategies for supplier and contract management.
- Reviewing and negotiating draft contracts for category area.
- Analyses data and identifies key areas for cost savings and process improvements to inform procurement plans.
- Leading multiple sourcing activities and develops collaborative relationship management regimes with NHS and public sector suppliers, ensuring maximum return on investment on commercial spend across the whole of the public sector.
- Establishing and ensuring effective processes to enable collaborative purchases, trials, and long-term plans for delivery of Digital & IT product and services to allow for standardisation using evidence base and innovative practice across the health economy of the region.
You will need to have:
- Demonstrable category management experience in either digital / IT or digital healthcare.
- Experience of managing a procurement team.
- Significant experience in supplier and partner management.
- Established negotiation and influencing skills.
It would be great if you had:
- Experience and/or knowledge of working with the NHS, other public sector or operating in a regulated environment
- Knowledge of UK Public Contract regulations
If you are interested in this role but not sure if your skills and experience are exactly what we’re looking for, please do apply, we’d love to hear from you!
Full Time Permanent
Location: UK Mobile
Internal Recruiter: Katie Dawes
Salary: up to £50,000 per annum
Benefits: £5,400 car allowance, 25 days annual leave with the option to buy additional days, private medical, life assurance, pension, and generous flexible benefits fund
Although this role is advertised as full-time, we support different ways of working and can offer a range of flexible working arrangements. So, if you’re interested and need to work flexibly, we encourage you to apply and talk to us about what might be possible.