Job Title: Procurement Manager (Bridgewater) Band 6
Salary: £31,365 to £37,890 pa
Start Date: (TBD)
Description: Procurement Manager – Bridgewater Community Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust (Bridgewater) Previous applicants need not apply Bridgewater Community Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust was established as a NHS Trust in 2011, and as a NHS Foundation Trust in November 2014. Bridgewater delivers a wide range of community-based healthcare services in Halton, Warrington and Oldham, as well as some networked services and specialised community dental services across a much larger geography.
Bridgewater’s focus is on ensuring that colleagues across the organisation are supported to deliver services of the highest quality and that by doing so we help bring forward local strategies aimed at delivering integrated, place-based services in partnership with primary care, social care and other health and care providers.
Services at a glance
- Child Health: health visiting, school nursing, child development centres, complex needs, safeguarding, child and adolescent mental health, children’s community therapy.
- Health and Wellbeing: sexual health.
- Urgent Care: walk in centres, district nurses (including out of hours), GP out of hours, intermediate care, home-based intravenous therapy.
- Long Term Conditions: community neurosciences, continence, community matrons, services for people with diabetes, stroke, respiratory and heart problems.
- Specialist Services: dermatology, orthopaedic and musculo-skeletal, podiatry, cancer and palliative care, wheelchairs and equipment, community physiotherapy, occupational therapy, dietetics, learning disabilities and falls prevention.
- Offender Health: services in prisons and young offender institutions in our area – HM Young Offenders Institute Hindley, HM Prison Risley and HM Prison Thorn Cross.
- Dental: oral health promotion, specialist dental services for people with physical and learning disabilities, looked after children and those with anxiety issues.
Our mission is to improve local health and promote wellbeing in the communities we serve.
We will do this by working closely with local people and partners to promote good health and to be a leading provider of excellent community healthcare services in the North West.
We have a clear set of six values which we know as our People Values – Person centred, Encouraging innovation, Open and honest, Professional, Locally led and Efficient If you embrace these values and are motivated to making a difference to our patients, we’ll look forward to receiving your application The Role Are you motivated and passionate about your work and looking for a new challenge?
Bridgewater Community Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust is working in collaboration with Warrington and Halton Teaching Hospitals (WHH FT), Mersey Care NHS Foundation Trust (Mersey Care) and North West Boroughs Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust (NW Boroughs) to shape the development of procurement and to be at the forefront of change.
As Procurement Manager for Bridgewater Community Healthcare NHS Foundation you will have day-to-day operational responsibility for the delivery of an expenditure control programme aimed at providing genuine cost improvements across all levels of Trust influencable non-pay expenditure.
The Procurement Manager will also support the Senior Head of Procurement / Head of Procurement in championing strategic collaboration working with procurement leads and external groups including but not limited to the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC), NHS Supply Chain (NHS SC) and NHSI/E to challenge, influence and shape collaborative procurement agendas both within the Trust(s) and across organisational boundaries to engage collaborative initiatives across the Trust(s).
The candidate must have a minimum two years’ experience working within a procurement environment with an understanding of European Legislation associated with competitive tendering and contract awards. Excellent organisation & leadership skills are required with the ability to work under pressure to strict deadlines.
The post holder will be employed by (WHH FT) and will be based within the offices at Warrington and Halton Teaching Hospital. Although the post holder is based at WHH FT they must remain flexible to work across different Bridgewater Community Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust sites as and when required.
Flexible working will be available to the post holder to support a work/life balance.
Bridgewater Community Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust is committed to equality of opportunity and welcomes applications from all who meet the specification criteria regardless of age, gender, disability, religion/belief or sexual orientation.
In this current climate working at Bridgewater Community Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust couldn’t be more rewarding. Be part of a procurement function that’s makes a real difference and goes the extra mile to demonstrate value for money.
TO APPLY FOR THIS JOB FOLLOW THE LINK BELOW