Here’s a summary of the improvements and updates we’ve made over the past week.
New version of the Model Hospital
This week we’ve launched a brand new version of the Model Hospital – you’ll see it when you log in.
In response to user feedback we’ve introduced new designs and features that aim to make it easier for trusts to identify opportunities to improve productivity. These include:
- Each trust’s greatest potential efficiency opportunities showcased on their homepage
- New browse and metric search
- New icons and fresh, clean page layouts
- Clear and comprehensive metric information pages
- Accessible support articles, videos and tips
- Mobile and tablet-friendly design
- Additional information about peer groups
- Pop-up tips for first-time users
- And more!
Please inform all your colleagues and networks about the new version of the Model Hospital, and anyone you think may be interested in learning about the new features and designs. For more information watch our videos introducing the new design and productivity opportunities or read our read our help articles.
Model Hospital Trust Ambassador Programme
Just a reminder if you haven’t already to sign up to our newly relaunched Model Hospital Trust Ambassador Programme:
- Benefit from exclusive previews and learning opportunities within the Model Hospital;
- Help shape and influence the Model Hospital as a trusted local expert for your organisation, with knowledge of local context and practices;
- Champion the Model Hospital within your trust. Acting as a key contact for your organisation, sharing the latest developments and supporting colleagues to actively use the tool;
- Network nationally with other trust ambassadors sharing ideas, best practice and learning between trusts.
To sign up to the programme or to find out more please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Emergency Medicine data has been updated to July 2018
- Procurement Carter metrics now have data up to August 2018
- Cost Recovery data has been updated to June 2018
- Ambulance trusts have three new sets of metrics covering Operational, Clinical Quality and Control Centres. The new metrics support trusts to identify opportunities to improve, and follow the publication of Lord Carter’s review into unwarranted variation in NHS ambulance trusts on Thursday.
- We have also published new animations explaining productivity opportunities and peering
We’re running a webinar on Monday 8 October at 12:30pm to introduce the new site. The Model Hospital team will help participants explore and navigate the new Model Hospital site with a specific focus on how to make the most of the new features and designs. Register for the webinar
You can also watch recording of previous sessions in the Model Hospital webinar series. The next series will begin soon. If you have any feedback on any of the webinars you have attended so far, or if you would like to suggest future topics we could cover, please email us at email@example.com or post on the forums at http://feedback.model.nhs.uk/
If you’re introducing colleagues to the Model Hospital, why not share our 3 minute introduction to the Model Hospital and short animation explaining the WAU. If you have difficulty accessing the videos, try using a different browser such as Google Chrome rather than Internet Explorer.
Don’t want these emails? Unsubscribe
Model Hospital Project | Operational Productivity Directorate
NHS Improvement is responsible for overseeing foundation trusts, NHS trusts and independent providers. We offer the support these providers need to give patients consistently safe, high quality, compassionate care within local health systems that are financially sustainable. By holding providers to account and, where necessary, intervening, we help the NHS to meet its short-term challenges and secure its future.
NHS Improvement is the operational name for the organisation that brings together Monitor, NHS Trust Development Authority, Patient Safety, the National Reporting and Learning System, the Advancing Change team and the Intensive Support Teams.