An update on additions, features & all things PPE during the Covid19 crisis.
I’d like to start with a big thank-you!
Thank you for making all of this possible. What started as a simple PPE tracking tool to help an NHS trust, just three weeks ago, has become a near national tool – supported by almost all regions across England and expanding rapidly across the country.
I would also like to recognise and thank our team and partners*. They’ve worked long hours, 7 days a week (as I know most of you have) since the crisis started. It’s created a strong feeling of pride across every one of us to support you, our friends and colleagues across Public Services.
We’re now tracking PPE for 73 public service organisations (mainly healthcare), with a further 61 healthcare organisations being onboarded and other parts of the UK in the pipeline. This number grows daily. We’re providing analytics into the MoD Military Liaison Officers working across STPs, regions and nationally, plus working with regional NHSE/I teams, Councils, ICS/STPs and CCGs.
This week alone we’ve welcomed several new regions to StockWatch, including more of the North West, East of England, South East and South West.
This brief email is intended to keep you up to date with PPE StockWatch as we share the latest developments and news.
Both our input form and analytics application are evolving daily. All based on user feedback, so please keep it coming.
If you have any suggestions/ideas/questions, please email email@example.com.
Latest changes include:
- More PPE lines added (in line with new PPE guidance)
- Alcohol gel/sanitiser split out into 5 different volumes
- Comments box added (this does not replace current emergency processes)
- Training video created – link at the top of the form
- Forecasts for Acute Hospitals covering core PPE lines (courtesy of Clear AI)
- ‘Issues’ added for all L3 customers (see issues over time screen)
- New dropdowns enabling more selections (body part/site/subscription level)
- Comments added so you can see what your team/region are raising
If you wish to change the products listed in your input form, please let firstname.lastname@example.org know and we’ll get this updated.
We’re also working on a new input form to make the process quicker and easier for you. More on this once we’re through testing.
In the News
- Unlocking the potential of predictive stock management
- Fit testing face masks – how to
- Approval of coveralls as an alternative to non-surgical gowns
- Government ‘ignores’ UK textiles firms desperate to make PPE
- Care homes running out of PPE – letter states ‘shambolic’
- UHB becomes the first trust to pass 500 deaths
- Guidance on usage of PPE – NHSE/I
- Captain Tom raises over £16m for the NHS – donate here
Our system is changing daily, so we’ve not created a user guide just yet. Instead, we’re running live training sessions for 30 minutes every couple of days and there’s a training video at the top of our input form on what to look out for.
Training will take place at 11 am on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays for the foreseeable.
We’re also running a weekly drop-in forum called StockTalk. All PPE StockWatch customers can drop-in or out and we’ll cover off things we’re seeing in the data, hearing on the grapevine, share some good practice and allow a safe place for organisations to discuss the challenges faced and support mutual aid.
This will take place at 10 am each Tuesday morning.
We’ll also be updating our support desk soon with FAQs and more guidance.
Date: 17th April 2020