NHS England and NHS Improvement
NHS England and NHS Improvement have now come together to act as a single organisation. Our aim is to better support the NHS and help improve care for patients. As local health systems work more closely together, the same needs to happen at a national level to achieve the vision of care set out in the NHS Long Term Plan.
2019/20 will be a transitional year as we implement our new ways of working. We will have one website but not quite yet, and in the meantime, you can continue to use our existing sites.
3 April 2019
- Extension of pause on the use of vaginal mesh
- New ambulances to be purchased in line with the standard ambulance vehicle specification from 1 April
- Changes to self-certification communications
- NHS England and NHS Improvement funding and resource publication
- NHS Assembly membership
- 2017/18 reference cost benchmarking tool now available
- Developing workforce safeguards
- NHS optical voucher/hospital eye service maximum charge from 1 April
- Gender pay gap report
Updates from our our partners
- NHS Employers: culture and environment survey
- National Institute for Health Research: help raise awareness of dementia research
Improvement resources you might have missed:
- Menopause and the workplace guidance
- Rapid improvement guides for urgent and emergency care
- Guide to developing and implementing ward and unit accreditation programmes
Sign up to receive our new workforce bulletin for weekly updates on the NHS workforce implementation plan.