Working with you over the Christmas/New Year 2017/18 bank holidays
Wednesday 15 November 2017
To help you through the season, we would like to share with you the plans we have in place to ensure you receive the important service you require for your organisation.
Christmas/New Year Bank Holidays
We will be available for you every week day during December/January for our usual opening hours of 8am to 5pm with the exception of the bank holidays. Providing peace of mind that you will always have a person to talk to, should you need it and giving you the continuity of service during your busiest days.
Customer Services will be closed on:
- Monday 25 December
- Tuesday 26 December
- Monday 1 January
If you normally have a Monday delivery falling on the above dates you may not receive a delivery. Please ensure you order appropriately throughout December to cover for this and speak to your Customer Service Advisor to discuss your requirements during the bank holiday period.
If you have an urgent medical requirement during this time or you need to arrange a delivery for an alternative day, please contact your regional customer service team.
We have robust business continuity plans in place so we can respond to any given situation with confidence to ensure you are safeguarded through the bank holiday period. Our advance preparations include arranging additional staff, vehicles and drivers, increased stock holdings and volumes of roll cages and to ensure your goods are presented to you when you expect them.
Happy to help you
We are here to help you but there are things you can do to help us keep moving.
- Please discuss your bank holiday ordering patterns with your Customer Services Manager. It is important to let us know if there are any changes – the sooner we are aware, the faster we can act.
- To ensure we can meet your needs, we ask that you gradually build your stock levels up through December to sufficiently cover your requirements over the bank holiday period.
- Where practical, avoid ordering stationery after Monday 11 December.
- To ensure continuation of standing orders during the bank holiday period, review them at least a week prior to the holiday by using your internal reports TR23 on our website. Please contact Customer Services if you require any assistance in doing this.
- If your department is closed during the holiday, you can help us deliver priority orders by deferring your order until you re-open.
- Please be aware that many eDirect and blue diamond suppliers are closed for extended periods at bank holidays. This may lead to longer lead times so please ensure products via either of these supply routes are ordered well in advance. For full details of supplier closures click here.
Roll Cage Management
It’s vital you return roll cages during November and December to enable us to continue to deliver on time using the preferred containers.
- Please ensure all departments return roll cages to stores promptly and are not used for storage, laundry or any other purpose that would delay their return to us.
- Contact your Customer Service Advisor urgently if you have concerns about container misuse by third parties, or the frequency of your roll cage collections.
- Click here for a printable version of our Christmas roll cage flyer.
Urgent or unexpected orders
- If you have urgent, unexpected or larger than normal requirements, please contact us by 10 November. Our Customer service Advisors can help you plan during demanding times in the lead up to the Christmas period.
Evening and night time deliveries (out of hours)
- The last delivery before Christmas will be on the evening/night of Thursday 21 December 2017.
- Deliveries will resume on the evening/night of Tuesday 26 December 2017.
- The last delivery before New Year will be on the evening/night of Thursday 28 December 2017.
- Deliveries will resume on the evening/night of Monday 1 January 2018.
|Christmas and New Year 2017/2018 ordering and delivery schedule|
|Order Input Date||Delivery Date||Comment|
|Tuesday 19 December 2017||Thursday 21 December 2017||As normal|
|Wednesday 20 December 2017||Friday 22 December 2017||As normal|
|Thursday 21 December 2017||Wednesday 27 December 2017||Change to normal schedule|
|Friday 22 December 2017||Thursday 28 December 2017||Change to normal schedule|
|Monday 25 December 2017||Closed for ordering and delivery||Closed|
|Tuesday 26 December 2017||Closed for ordering and delivery||Closed|
|Wednesday 27 December 2017||Friday 29 December 2017||As normal|
|Thursday 28 December 2017||Tuesday 2 January 2018||Change to normal schedule|
|Friday 29 December 2017||Wednesday 3 January 2018||Change to normal schedule|
|Monday 1 January 2018||Closed for ordering and delivery||Closed|
|Tuesday 2 January 2018||Thursday 4 January 2018||As normal|
We recognise the Christmas and New Year bank holiday is a busy period and we would like to thank you for your continued support and cooperation.