Working with you over the May bank holiday.
Tuesday 8 May 2018
To help you through the season, we would like to share with you the plans we have in place to ensure you receive the important service care you require for your organisation.
May Bank Holiday 2018
Customer Services will be closed and not making deliveries on Monday 28 May.
If you normally have a Monday delivery, please speak to your Customer Service Advisor to discuss your requirements over the bank holiday.
Please see below for our ordering and delivery schedule during this period.
Please note, to ensure your delivery is not delayed and arrives on your scheduled delivery day, there may be a need to input your order earlier than usual.
May Bank Holiday
|Order Input Date||Delivery Date||Delivery Comment|
|Wednesday 23 May||Friday 25 May||As normal|
|Thursday 24 May||Tuesday 29 May||Change to normal schedule|
|Friday 25 May||Wednesday 30 May||Change to normal schedule|
|Monday 28 May||Closed for ordering and delivery||Closed|
|Tuesday 29 May||Thursday 1 June||As normal|
Evening and night time deliveries (out of hours)
- The last delivery before spring bank holiday will be on the evening/night of Thursday 24 May.
- Deliveries will resume on the evening/night of Monday 28 May.
Happy to help you
We have robust business continuity plans in place so we can respond to any given situation with confidence to ensure you are safeguarded through the bank holiday period. Our advance preparations include arranging additional staff, vehicles and drivers, increased stock holdings and volumes of roll cages, to ensure your goods are presented to you when you expect them.
We are here to help you but there are things you can do to assist us in delivering a successful service during the upcoming bank holiday:
- Review your wards and departments who normally have Monday deliveries. Consider if they will require a delivery on an alternative day and plan accordingly.
- Complete any stock build as early as possible avoiding double orders in the week before a bank holiday.
- Consider the blue diamond and eDirect products you require- taking into account product lead times to ensure you receive deliveries on time.
- Speak to your Customer Service team to discuss your ordering plans; your advice will support our operations and transport teams in effectively planning resource to deliver your requirements on time.
- If NHS Supply Chain only deliver to your site on a Monday and there is a need to explore an alternative delivery day, please contact your Customer Service Advisor who will seek to arrange an additional delivery during the bank holiday period.
- To ensure continuation of standing orders during the bank holiday period, review them at least a week prior to the holiday by using your internal reports TR23 on our website. Please contact Customer Service if you require any assistance in doing this.
Roll Cage Management
The return of roll cages through is vital to ensuring we continue to deliver to you on time and using the preferred containers-even more so, on the approach to a bank holiday when demand increases. Please ensure all departments return cages to stores promptly and are not used for storage, laundry or any other purpose that would delay their return to the Supply Chain. Contact Customer Services if you have any concerns about our frequency of containers collections, or about container misuse by third parties.
Urgent or unexpected orders
- If you have urgent, unexpected or larger than normal requirements, please contact us. Our customer service advisors can help you plan during demanding times in the lead up to the May bank holiday
Actions and Timescales
Any advice you can provide regarding your bank holiday demand planning is very important in supporting our own planning. If you plan to move demand to an alternative day (including double orders) or require any support to help plan your bank holiday, please get in contact with Customer Services. Please complete the demand template you have been sent via email to indicate what demand will be moved and into which dates and return to:
Alison.firstname.lastname@example.org for Bridgwater depot
email@example.com for Alfreton depot
firstname.lastname@example.org for Rugby depot
email@example.com for Maidstone depot
firstname.lastname@example.org for Bury depot
email@example.com for Runcorn depot
Julie.firstname.lastname@example.org for Normanton depot
If you haven’t received an email please contact your Customer Service Advisor.
We recognise the May bank holiday is a busy period and we would like to thank you for your continued support and cooperation.